Home Products & Services

Lessons Learned About

Common Electrical Hazards and How to Mitigate Them

In our day to day lives, electricity helps use do numerous important things. Electricity is used to power appliances and provide lighting in our homes. However, poor handling of electricity is DANGEROUS. Electrocution and other electrical hazards have caused a lot of deaths. Also, one of the causes of damage to numerous properties is electricity. The number of electrical deaths, injuries, and damages will significantly reduce if people know about the common electrical dangers and ways to mitigate electrical hazards. If you want to know about electrical hazards and how to avoid them, then you are in the right place.

It is DANGEROUS to handle electricity with wet hands. Electric shock is mainly caused by handling electrical sockets and power outlets with wet hands. In severe cases, handling electrical components with wet hands can lead to death, and even electric fire. Making sure your hands are dry before you plug in a device into a socket or power outlet or to turn off and on switches is important. People also overloading power outlets which is DANGEROUS. Before plugging in devices into power sockets and outlets, you should first find out the amount of electricity the socket or outlet can handle. Overloading power sockets and outlets happens when the devices plugged into them are of high power voltage. Overloading power outlets and sockets usually lead to electric fires.

You should ensure that you do not plug in more than one power strip into a single socket if you want to avoid overloading your socket. It is DANGEROUS when water comes into contact with electricity as it can lead to electrical fire hazards. To prevent water from coming into contact with electricity, you should avoid connecting electrical appliances near water sources. You should first switch off the power source at the main switch before you unplug the appliance if you realize there is somewhere that electric line and water are in contact. To prevent such things from happening in the future, you should hire a qualified electrician to repair the power line.

To avoid the cost of hiring a qualified electrician, some people decide to conduct electrical repairs in their homes on their own. Despite the cost-effectiveness of this practice, it is highly discouraged. If you are not a qualified electrician, you should not handle any electrical repairs in your house. DIY electrical upgrades and repairs can lead to electric fire or death when you or someone else gets electrocuted; thus, it is dangerous to conduct electrical upgrades, and repairs on your own. Poor wiring has caused numerous electric fires and deaths; hence it is DANGEROUS. Electric cables should be coated with an insulator and wired properly to prevent electrical dangers.